Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A new 80/20 rule

Here is a simple 80/20 rule that will virtually assure you success in marketing in the construction industry.
  1. Spend 80 per cent of your marketing resources on your current clients. Treat them well, give them extra value and service, relate and connect with them. You'll win the repeat and referral business -- and vital, positive references and testimonials -- that will get you most of your business (and it will be both profitable and satisfying.)

  2. Spend 80 per cent of the remaining 20 per cent on your Internet presence and media publicity initiatives. Most of this money will actually go to the Internet, since your media publicity will essentially be 'free' except for management time and (if you have the resources) some specialized PR/communications consulting services.

If you would like my assistance in implementing this strategy, email

No comments: