Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Monday, February 22, 2010

Stupid Construction Marketing SEO

As this site has a relatively high ranking within the search engines, it attracts more than a modest amount of comments with the purported goal of enhancing search engine rankings of the commenter. I can't figure why anyone bothers with this sort of thing -- Google has imposed "nofollow" rules for comments in most cases, meaning they don't go anywhere nor do anything to help the search engine rankings of the spam commenter. In any case, I delete them all.

Tonight, I received an email representing a site hiding behind an anonymous domain registration service, asking if I minded if he "linked" to my site. A quick look a the site told me that the emailer is up to no good. It is a waste, of course. These tricks can work, some of the time, but most of the time Google has caught on to the games that are played. (Then, of course, sometimes the bad guys still win, as we all know of spam that manages to get through all the filters and into our mailboxes.)

Of course, I'm posting here relating to Construction Marketing Ideas daily for SEO reasons, as well. I intend to post daily until the real Construction Marketing Idea blog reaches second spot in the relevant search engine strings. That may take a while. In the meantime, you'll occasionally find some worthwhile ideas here, but mostly I'm just redirecting you to the main site where the real content lives on. But if you want to try spamming here, go ahead. You are simply wasting your time.

No comments: