Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Sunday, June 01, 2008

CSMPS and PSMA for Canadians


The Vancouver, B.C. skyline is the top image on the new website for the Canadian Society for Marketing Professional Services which, judging from its membership and events, is similar to a SMPS local chapter in the U.S.

Today, I uncovered two relevant associations right under our nose. The Canadian Society for Marketing Professional Services (CSMPS), based in Vancouver, and the Professional Services Marketing Association in Toronto appear, at first sight, to be the closest thing to local chapters related to the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS). I discovered them accidentally during a web search/review, which makes me wonder where my mind is heading if I am as blind to this as to other things. (Worse, I was all set to pontificate in a blog posting showing my 'expertise' on a topic when I accidentally found these links -- and realized that my original assumptions about an unrelated topic were totally off base!)

I last checked into whether there are Canadian SMPS counterparts in 2006 and learned from SMPS head office in the Washington, D.C. area, that there had been some efforts to start chapters in Canada, especially in Vancouver, but they didn't get too far. Things presumably have changed. The CSMPS has a website apparently built in 2008 -- I cannot yet find a site for the PSMA in Toronto.

I'll obviously check things out and especially will seek information about the PSMA in Toronto. More to follow.

No comments: