Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

To Toronto and Welland

Soon, I'll be flying to Toronto to meet with Zulq Malik from BECC Construction. We will be visiting the Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) site in Welland, ON, a 40-acre Wal-Mart anchored development that has achieved LEED (Leadership in energy and Environmental Design) Core and Shell Development Registration.

When my visit there concludes, I'll head back to downtown Toronto to the CaGBC's "Shifting to the Mainstream" national summit and a meeting with Chase before returning home late in the evening.

While I'll be learning a lot about environmental trends/issues here, I won't be (totally) practicing what I am preaching -- with short haul flights and long drives in a truck I doubt my practices are going to win environmental sensitivity awards.

Blogging may be less frequent and intense than usual for the next couple of days with travel and writing for the print publications (and overall business management responsibilities, as well). I'm gathering some interesting material, however, including updates on how SMPS is progressing in Canada.

No comments: