Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Getting it

Ford Harding's posting, "Getting it" in Matt Handel's Help Everyone Everyday, is a worthy read for anyone struggling with rainmaking and selling professional AEC services.

Your abilities to persist, to ask, to connect, and to share/give are the keys to success in business development. And if you want to delegate these responsibilities to others, you certainly have to fist understand and feel the pain and joy yourself.

Fortunately, despite the sales and marketing systems out there, I don't think there is a one-size fits all approach to success because much depends on your own values, interests, and focus. If you are a great writer and are socially awkward, your model will be different than if you love sports and can build a Facebook network of 41 real friends (and growing) in less than a week.

Here is the original photo for this post. See Ford Harding's second comment below.

4 comments:

Ford Harding said...

Mark

I cracked up when I saw this photo and will chuckle about it well into the night, as will my wife when I show her.

Readers, do any of you have any really good photos of Mark that I can post on my blog?

Ford Harding

Construction Marketing Ideas said...

My bad.... For this posting, I grabbed a photo of Ford Harding that only an amateur would take. Following his observation, I've replaced it with his standard portrait.

If anyone wishes to show me in an equally flattering light, they are invited to do it.

Ford Harding said...

Mark

I wasn't in tne least offended; I thought it was funny and liked the photo you chose better than my stock stuffy photo. Today was a day when I needed a laugh and you gave me one, so I thank you. My request for photos of you was a joke.

Ford Harding

Construction Marketing Ideas said...

Ford, thanks.

So, to complete the story, I've reposted the photo.

(Equally impressive images of me are most welcome!)