Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The "construction marketer" who really doesn't get it

I never identify inviduals or organizations negatively in this blog, but I found this posting on a linkedin.group is worthy of a little analysis:

Make A Difference

Our company's motto to provide our past, present and future clients "Superior Client Service" in all the services we provide. Check out (engineering practice's name removed). If you have any questions or comments about any of the services that we offer, please feel free to contact me here or at our office. If I don't know the answer, we have a complete and competent staff of personal that will. Hoping for a great year for everyone.
This rather blatant pitch appeared on a LinkedIn group recently "opened" to the public.  And this sort of thing is one reason why I'm keeping our own Construction Marketing Ideas LinkedIn group private.

Of course, periodically, I also receive postings like this -- and either delete them right away, or move them to a slush "promotional" section.  

Look, if you want to be successful in sales and marketing, you will NOT win points by plastering your "elevator pitch" all over public forums, especially when you cannot go beyond the cliche "Superior Client Service".  Read my book.

No comments: