Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Networking -- a new link

I've (belatedly) discovered linkedin.com, a business-to-business networking site with at first impression several impressive features. I sense the quality of networking is higher than Ryze.com. Interestingly, with just one direct connection -- I just signed on tonight and referred a small group in my immediate network -- linkin shows 124 connections; most third degree (that is, they know someone who knows someone who knows me).

Obviously internet networking groups are no substitute for more industry-specific ones. I think for construction marketing professionals, the Society for Marketing Professional Services (http://www.smps.org) provides the best networking opportunities, especially if you are architect, engineer or contractor seeking contact with peers in other cities who may be influential in winning important projects.

I'll write more on networking in this week's newsletter (and yes, I've decided to resume a weekly schedule for the newsletter).

Mark Buckshon can be reached by email at buckshon@constructionnrgroup.com or by phone at 888-432-3555 ext 224.

No comments: