Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Effective blogging (update)

We've started a new sole-purpose blog for recruiting employees at http://www.constructionpublishing.blogspot.com. I'm on vacation, sitting with my laptop in a hotel lounge in Israel as my family sleeps (it is about 6:30 a.m. here) From the time I decided to set up this blog (referenced in our online advertising) to having it "live", the entire process required about 15 minutes of work time. The blog has Google Analytics attached which allows me to track many key elements. As soon as I'm finished this blog entry, I will add to the tracking capacity with links to mybloglog.com.
Of course, if you are just starting out, you will require some more time and effort to learn how things work and likely will make some mistakes along the way. You might want to delegate this work to an employee or outside service provider -- and I certainly am contracting out anything requiring significant skill or coding. I've also contracted an overall review of our websites and Internet strategy -- yes I've learned much over the last few years but realize that it is essential to have wiser (and in this case younger) eyes outside of my head look at what we are doing, and how we can do it better.
But there are real advantages as well to some do-it-yourself knowledge and experience. Once you've passed the initial learning curve, you'll see how easy it is to adapt and extend the blogging and web marketing tools to your overall marketing strategies, and you'll how much you can accomplish with truly limited efforts.

No comments: