Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Here, thanks to http://britishconstruction.blogspot.com and the my Bloggeries review, I'm starting to learn how to adapt video and visual imagery to the blog -- here, a rather cheeky Australian video that connects sex to marketing.

Am I getting in trouble here? I remember well the very early days of my business, in the second issue of Ottawa Construction News back in 1990, when I contracted with a scantily dressed model, had her wear a hard hat and snug jeans, and put her image on Page 1.

I received more response (alas negative) to that marketing approach than almost anything I've done since. It seems the local members of the National Association of Women in Construction were offended along with (and this was very important) my advertisers! Would things be different today? I'm not sure, and am raising the point now.

No comments: