Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Monday, January 07, 2008

Fog and choice

I am supposed to be preparing to head to North Carolina tomorrow, to meet with Bob Kruhm and some clients, and attend an American Subcontractors Association chapter meeting in Raleigh. But sometimes things happen.
The airport is fogged in at Ottawa. I checked, and found that I might be able to catch a flight from Montreal, but this involves a midnight bus, a 5:30 a.m. flight, and . . . the very real risk that the morning flight, too, will be cancelled.
Still, I prepared to make the trip. It has been a year since I last visited North Carolina, and I really looked forward to the meetings and opportunity to connect with the business.
But my 10-year-old son has a cold. He cried. "I don't want you to leave." And when I left his room, he sobbed some more.
Sometimes tough decisions are easy to make. The North Carolina vist can be rescheduled. Eric's cold cannot. In life, and in business, we must remember our priorities. I will reschedule the North Carolina visit at the earliest convenient time.

No comments: