Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Live video: Today (Thursday, Feb. 10) at 2 p.m.

Hopefully, the experimental live video broadcast at 2 p.m. EST today (Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011) will work this time around.  Last week, as broadcast time approach, my laptop computer failed. 

Today's video will discuss that experience in relation to a topic which is hard for many industry practitioners to grasp -- your "brand".  I'll even admit that I didn't really appreciate the meaning of branding until, after almost 15 years experience in this business, I started the Construction Marketing Ideas blog and the late Sonny Lykos connected with me -- and sent me an incredibly useful binder of resources.

Then, I "got it".  Branding allows you to set your pricing based on a valuation higher than the intrinsic physical (or cost-based) value of your product or service.  In other words, a good brand allows you to earn more for the same amount of effort and cost.  Hmm.  I suppose that would be rather good for your business profitability, if you can pull it off.

Of course, that is the challenge of branding.  While the concept isn't that hard to understand once you realize its importance, the successful implementation and strategies required to "build your brand" can take some effort -- and you can lose it all with some careless errors.  I'll work to show you this afternoon the basics of building and protecting your brand without blowing your budgets.

These broadcasts are experimental so technical quality and results won't be perfect (but hopefully there will be a broadcast this time!) I'll also update you on my progress to create a weekly -- maybe even daily -- broadcast with sufficient quality to consider part of the marketing resource kit within the next five months.

No comments: