Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Monday, October 01, 2007

The RSS Feed

This stuff is really over my head. I've tried to comprehend it, but still scratch my head about the implications of the little icon I've just pasted at the bottom of the page -- but know it will be helpful if you want to be sure to receive this blog every day, rather than search for it on your own.

As I understand it, the RSS feed will 'send' the blog as it is updated to your computer if you have one of several RSS feeders installed. (Alternatively, you can elect to receive the blog by email). In essence, the RSS feed capacity allows you to subscribe to the blog. (This is a different subscription than the the offer to our bi-weekly electronic Construction Marketing Ideas newsletter, which we email to you once you request it.

The RSS feed set-up has tracking capacity, so it will be interesting to see how many (or how few) readers of this blog choose it. I'm not expecting huge crowds. But if you wish to keep abreast of technology, it doesn't hurt to know how to use these tools.

No comments: