Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Blogs and search engine rankings

Mary Schanuel, president of Synergy Group in St.Louis and publisher of the aecstlouis.com blog shared with me in an email this afternoon a significant business advantage of blogging -- improving your search engine ranking.

"Using good keywords in the headlines gives my blog, my website and the companies I write about high online visibility," she wrote. "For example, today I Googled "LEED green design St. Louis" and my blog came up third on the list. Likewise, the client-based Media Center on the Synergy Group web site (which we update with news releases daily) also generates high search engine rankings for our clients. Making frequent posts and changes to a web site is one of the best ways to do that."

She also clarified that she spends a little more time blogging than I reported in my previous entry -- "Actually, I spend about 20 or 30 minutes per post, a couple of times a week (as my husband would attest - "are you blogging again?") she wrote.

And she caught a few of my typos and grammatical errors. I'm fixing these mistakes now -- if you are reading the previous entry for the first time, you would never know there were any errors.

I think the search engine element ranking element should not be underrated. If your blog is genuine, useful and relevant, others will link and refer to it -- and the search alogrithims will recognize your validity as an expert on the topic.

No comments: